• What if every student in the class could get that terrific teacher rather than a fortunate few?

  • Only about 25 percent of classes have one of these top-tier teachers at a given time. That means the other 75 percent don’t.

  • Relieve those great teachers of noninstructional tasks, use video to reach more students and incorporate smart software to personalize instruction

  • “There is a lot of hope and a lot of hype"

  • The toughest challenges come from students who regard technologies as social tools and resist their conversion to learning tools.

  • There is not the option of keeping technology out. The challenge is how to make technology work for schools.

  • "This is not something policy makers will figure out. Educators will figure it out.”

Posted from Diigo.

Advertisements